Non Beauty Summer Favourites.

(Due to technical issues this post didn't go up when I thought it has so that's why it's summer favourites.) I would like to apologise for the lack of posts as I was having a complete break over the summer as I've been going through a lot recently and needed to relax. So without further ado here are my favourite things from the summer- 

Life-
The first thing I have been loving is-    
The Beach
I love everything about the beach and it's definitely a happy place for me. 

Yoga. 
I have recently been trying to do more exercise/calming things which funnily enough yoga is both. I started doing it when I wake up in the morning and I don't know if it's a coincidence but I have had better days when I've done it. (Update: I keep forgetting to do yoga and have seen a difference from when I did.)


T.V.-
Once upon a time.
I have been obsessed with this programme over the holidays and watched like two series in about 10 days. It's about fairy tale characters who have been placed in our world and can't remember who they are. It's amazing  I would definitely recommend check it out!!.

Sherlock.
As a lot of people I know/people on tumblr etc... have talked about this programme. I also enjoyed and am a fan of the original books by Arthur Conan Doyle. It's excellent and I am enjoying it very much.

Doctor who.
Doctor who is one of my all time favourite TV shows so in the holidays I normally end up watching it a lot! And this summer was no exception. Also the first episode of the new series came out on Saturday and I went to the cinema with my friend Scotia. They showed the programme which started off with strax (an alien) blogging and I enjoyed that very much haha. Then they showed the extras and a live q and a from a cinema in London and I enjoyed it all immensely and think that Peter Capaldi will be and is an excellent doctor. (Update: I think he is fantastic and the new series is amazing!!!).

Film-
Guardians of the galaxy. I also went to see this with Scotia and enjoyed it a lot as I'm a little bit of a Marvel nerd. Not a huge one but I have seen and enjoyed all of the films. Anyway we went to see this I think the day after it came out and it was great. The characters were all really interesting and I particularly enjoyed -

Rocket raccoon (Bradley Cooper) and Groot (Vin Diesel). I also thought Karen Gillian was fantastic as Nebula.
Also the film has an excellent sound track and included Cherrybomb by The Runaways, which is one of my all time favourite songs. The trailer link -http://youtu.be/aHUBlv5_K8Y
What if.
What if came out very recently and I went to see it on Friday night with my Mum. I loves it and it Is now on my top 10. I loved that it was arty, funny, serious and romantic all at the same time. Also Daniel Radcliffe is one of my all time favourite actors and I've had a crush on him forever (sssh). Also it was really cool to see Megan Park in a film, as I'm a huge fan of The Secret Life Of The American Teenager and have been watching her on that for years. The film is fantastic and I would strongly recommend it. Here's the trailer http://youtu.be/A86JGbBEaBk

Music-
5SOS.

The 5 Seconds Of Summer album is finally out. *screams*. I have been a fan of 5SOS for a few years now and I love their music. So when their first album came out I was so excited and made the trek into town to buy the deluxe album and have hardly listened to anything else recently. Some of my favourite songs of the album are- kiss me kiss me (which includes an amazing!! Guitar solo), Beside You, Heartbreak Girl, Amnesia and Voodoo Doll. But every song on the album is amazing and I would really advise you to give it and them a listen. I also saw them recently (for the 2nd time) at a 1D concert and they are amazing live they also do an amazing cover of Teenage Dream by Katy Perry. Here's a link of them performing it at Capital fm's Summertime Ball for you- http://youtu.be/lFN73nYhPS0

I have also re discovered this song. Daylight by Matt and Kim. I recommend giving it a listen it's amazing and quite nostalgic for me. Also it makes me happy as it's in one of my favourite TV shows- Skins.
Link-

Books-
I'm going to skip this as I have reviews coming up of all the books I wrote down but I'll give you the names-
•Paper Towns
•Wintergirls 
•The Mortal Instruments series 
Oooh how exciting. They will be up soon.

That's all for now folks. I will be back soon promise :) xx 




Comments

Popular Posts