Exercise- How It's Helping Me.

As a person who has struggled with mental health issues including anxiety and depression. I find it very hard to find ways to alleviate the stress that these things put me under. But quite recently I have begun to exercise and it has helped me immensely. Due to issues outside of my control I had stopped receiving counselling/therapy for a while and haven't had any one to talk to.
Because of this I have been bottling a lot up inside me which has further lead on to health problems caused by stress. But as I have started exercising I have managed to use it as a form of therapy for alleviating the stress I am under.

The feeling exercise gives me is that of, achieving something and that even though I’m in a bit of pain at the moment with my muscles (after not being a person who did much exercise on a regular basis) the pain I am experiencing is a good kind of pain as I know that what I’m doing in the end is better for me and is a very good alternative to causing myself any other kind of pain.
I also enjoy the feeling during exercise of my heart beating as it makes me feel alive, which after having spent so much time lying around and feeling miserable and empty (which I still do) is something I’m not to use to, even if its only for a short period of time. 


If you can understand what I’m trying to say is- I have found exercise (even doing the bare minimum) helps me a lot with how I’m feeling mentally even though it doesn’t make anything go away it helps to alleviate the stress I am under and I would recommend it to anyone e else suffering with certain issues.

If you would like to me to write anymore about this, or have any advice/tips you would like to share please feel free to comment below.

Thank you very much for reading. 
Holly x


Comments

Popular Posts