Dolls and Disabilties

For most children playing with dolls is a relatively simple and fun thing, but for some it isn't, even though they may enjoy playing with the dolls they cannot associate with them as they do not look the way the doll does. Today you can get dolls in all sorts of sizes and shapes. But let’s be honest how man toy companies actually sell dolls that are realistic so that those playing with them can identify with the dolls. Well now there is-
Examples of the dolls. 


Last night I read this Seventeen article about how a U.K. toy company named Makies is making specially adapted dolls that will have a range of physical disabilities. There will be dolls with walking sticks, hearing aids, scars, skin conditions etc... They’re now even working on wheelchairs and birthmarks.
A doll that has a hearing aid.

They 3-D print the dolls to suit the customers’ requirements. You can choose from different- skin tones, eye colours, hair colours, styles, outfits and customise the facial features by adjusting size, width, placing etc... I  absolutely love this as I personally know people with disabilities and its something that's close to my heart, also I love how
cool it is that little girls and boys who have hearing aids or wheelchairs will actually have dolls that they can associate with to play with. It’s a great idea. Yay for Makies !


Here is an example of a doll which I created to look like me -



Look how like realistic you can make them and this is just the computer image is just aghh I love it.

I seriously want one for myself but as the doll costs £69 I may have to hold off for now *sighs*. But if you can afford one I definitely think they would be a great idea as a gift to anyone really, who wouldn't want a doll that looks like them.
Anyway that's all for today so i'll say goodbye
Holly x

Comments

Popular Posts